Friday, January 8, 2016

Monster (School Book) Blog Entry #4

 This is book is titled "Monster" and is written by Walter Dean Myers. I read the 100 pages and it is about a trial of men accused for walking in to a store and taking cigarettes and killing the owner of the store.This time Richard Evans a man who was in the cigarette crime, is in the court room getting asked questions about Mr. King a man who he h as been helping steal money.

 There are definitely things that are wrong and you shouldn't do. Like killing somebody, stealing, and lying. Those are things I think you should never do. Steve turned out not killing Mr. Nesbitt, he didn't do anything wrong he said. He was just the lookout.

 The courtroom scene in pages 170-190, is very long. That doesn't bother me at all because, I like interrogation, and questioning, and finding out what actually happened. It especially makes it more interesting with the screenplay format, a lot easier to read the court scenes. I get a feeling of being Steve Harmon from him getting asked many questions and the jury wants to know everything. I would feel very pressured. I would make sure I tell the truth. 

 I think that Steve is going to end up dying or finding a way to kill himself, because he was saying "Here I am, maybe on the verge of losing my life, or the life I used to have" (p203).
Which makes me think he will take his own life. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here!

My Email

aidens@isriau.org

Have A Suggestion?

If you want me to change something or do a video please contact me by looking above.